For more information visit our NEW website: http://www.covertpark.com
Covert Township Community Park, Recreation, Open Space and Greenway Plan: 2020 – 2024 DRAFT” is available for 30 Day Public Review, 11/27/2019 – 12/27/2019
Click here to view the draft 5-Year Park Plan
Under Resolution 2020-06 of the Covert Township Board, the Covert Park Beach and Campground will have a “soft” opening on May 15, 2020 with certain restrictions.
Covert Township Board, wishes to adhere to the governor’s orders and finds that it can permit a soft opening of the campground area of the Township Park and Campground for certain limited purposes which assure that it will not be a “place of public accommodation” as defined by the Michigan Governor; under rules that will reduce the risk of exposure; and which will, nevertheless allow access to the recreational advantages of the Covert Township Park and Campground, subject to adherence to these rules.
The Covert Township Park and Campground shall be opened for the 2020 calendar year on May 15, 2020 only for the following uses and activities:
- Only self-contained campers which have restroom and cooking facilities therein shall be permitted to be placed/stored and used at the park. Individuals occupying the self-contained campers shall only be a group of those living and/or domiciled together under the current “stay home/stay safe” orders of the Michigan Governor. No extended families and no groups of friends that are not otherwise domiciled together may occupy or have access to a self-contained camper. No one who is sick with COVID-19 or who was recently (within 14 days) exposed to COVID 19 shall be permitted on the premises; and
- Camp spaces shall be rented on a first-come first served basis to eligible camper groups. All regular campground rules, including the payment of campground fees; shall apply; and
- Individuals occupying the self-contained campers shall adhere to the following rules when not in their camper:
- Recommend the wearing of a mask when outside of the camper; and
- Adhere to the six-foot “social distancing” standard; and
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the toilet; before eating, after blowing nose, coughing or sneezing; and
- Do not enter any camper other that the one that was brought to the site by that individual or a member of that individual’s group; and
- No outdoor camping or tents will be permitted; all sleeping and bathing; must take place within the camper; and
- No group sports activities such as soccer and baseball; shall be permitted, except for groups limited to those domiciled together; and
- Outdoor cooking/grilling shall be permitted on the camp space.
- The restrooms, pavilion, and playground shall remain closed and shall not be occupied by or accessed by any person until further notice.
- Beach access for walking and swimming shall be available only to those existing campers with self-contained camper on site and subject to these rules (mask, six-foot separation distance).
- These rules and regulations shall be effective until June 22, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. per Resolution 2020-06 unless extended or rescinded earlier; or upon the rescission of a stay-home/stay safe executive order or the removal restrictions on places of public accommodation by the Michigan Governor. As of June 22, 2020 the Covert Township Park and Campground will be open for normal use, unless Resolution 2020-06 is extended or rescinded by action of this Board or rescission of the governor’s orders at an earlier date. Click here for a full copy of Resolution 2020-06.
LAST DAY OF SEASON: Sunday, September 15, 2019
Our campground will be closing a month early as we prepare for the construction of a NEW Bathroom Facility.
Engineering and consulting services provided by Wightman and Associates and construction and planning by Olson Brothers. A special thanks to the Covert Park Advisory Committee and Campground Manager Robin Abshire for their help in planning this project.
Click here to view preliminary drawings
NOW OPEN! Visit Our New COVERT COMMUNITY PARK
The new play equipment is installed and ready for everyone to enjoy. As there are still a few finishing touches needed to complete the new park, donations are still being accepted.
A Very Special THANK YOU To Our Sponsors:
- Covert Township Taxpayers
- Michigan Gas for their contribution of $5,000
- Jack Hess of Jack's Excavating
- Lions Club and private donors for their bench donations
- Private monetary donations from Covert residents
If you would like to contribute to the completion of this project, please make checks payable to Covert Township or stop by the Treasurer’s office to make a cash donation to the park. Checks can be mailed to PO BOX 35, Covert, MI 49043. Please write “Park Donation” in the memo section.
DONATE A BENCH
Our “DONATE A BENCH” program can be used to promote local businesses and organizations, memorialize loved ones and contribute to your community. Click here for more information. [use existing flyer] All orders are subject to Township Board approval.